Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Snow!!!

I once asked my Dad how he kept running in the bitter winter in Central Utah. He said, "I just think of all the fun things I want to do in the summer." He also once said, "You'll be glad you paid your dues in the Spring." My Dad runs more than anyone else I know. He does 20 or 30-milers on weekends. Not races, just fun running. He does 50 mile races in the summer. Plural. It doesn't seem like he even has to work hard at it.

So on days like today, when I wake up to a winter wonderland when it should be spring, I get dressed and go running anyway. I finished my 25 minutes today by thinking that I would really be glad this summer, when I will be able to do some good trail running. It's funny how, in the Fall, running in the snow is rare and exhilirating, and how, in the Spring, it is hard and depressing. In the end, it was not as hard as I had thought it would be, nor as cold.

No comments: