Sunday, March 11, 2007

Gonna get me some new shoes

I walked to church today with my sister-in-law. It's only 3/4 mile, but that's kinda remarkable for Utah. I've decided that I've really, really had enough with shoes that aren't comfortable. And I don't just mean ones that don't hurt very bad. I wore the flats that I've had since I got married 6 years ago. They're still in good shape, but I can't walk fast in them. I hate hate hate walking slowly.

Which is funny, since I distinctly remember, as a youngling, complaining to my mom nonstop that she was walking too fast, and I couldn't keep up with her. It must have driven her insane. I hated going shopping with her. I hated having to be with her at Lagoon. I hated hiking. I'm so ashamed that I ever hated hiking. Now, I can't think of anything more fun. I would do it more often, but my kids are so freakin' slow! I almost can't take a walk with them around the block or my head will explode.

This week, I'm going to:
1. keep the same running goals as last week, 15, 20, 15, 30, even though I did better than I expected last week. I want to have a while where I don't have to push my little body very much harder than normal.
2. get up at 6:00 every day, even though it will be dark. I'm going to do my best not to fall asleep in the middle of the afternoon.
3. go to bed by 10:30 every night.
4. pick up the toys in the living room before going to bed.
5. speak kindly and considerately to my kids, even when they are driving me nuts, bananas and ice-cream.
6. not go looking for candy at every opportunity.

Is that enough to keep me occupied for a week?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found you through bon, and I think keeping a running blog is a great idea! I am in the midst of Project Run 5K Without Dying myself, so I am rooting for you. I haven't set my sights on a race yet, the way you have; good luck - it sounds as though you're well on your way!