Thursday, March 8, 2007

rain and mist

32 minutes walking, and the clouds came down on the mountain as I walked. The air was still humid from last night's rain, and the worms out on the sidewalk. Just as I finished and came in, it began to pour. Rain, not snow. Yay! I zig-zagged up and down, instead of across. In our neighborhood, the east-west streets go uphill, and the south-north streets are pretty level, so when I run, I like to go south-north, but when I walk, I can handle a little more uphill.

After yesterday's O.D. of M&Ms, I think I'm cured for a while. I really don't want anything fake in me right now. So I made a spinach-strawberry-orange drink for breakfast, and some pumpkin muffins for lunch, to have with last night's yummy lentils and rice. Although I didn't have any more caramelized onions. :(

Calvin's best friend was over, and he wouldn't touch the lentils, though he did have 2 of my vegan muffins, and loved them. I think if I had given him the muffin first, he wouldn't have liked it, but after staring at lentils for ten minutes, the muffins looked good.

No comments: