Wednesday, March 7, 2007

20/11, green smoothies

I had wheat berries with some greek yogurt and honey for breakfast, which is so stinking yummy. I love the greek yogurt, but it's pretty rich, so only a couple of tablespoons is enough. I've been trying green smoothies. Those are just whizzed up fruit with some sort of dark leafy greens, like spinach, parsley, romaine lettuce, chard, and kale. Yesterday, it was 1/2 apple, one juiced orange, and a big handful of spinach with water and ice. I must admit I was surprised that it wasn't yucky. I think this is a good way to get some greens, and can probably help with all manner of digestive problems. Today, I'm going to try pears with parsley. Now, if I can just kick my M&Ms habit...

Update: the pears and parsley wasn't great, unless you really like parsley. I added some orange juice concentrate, which helped a lot. The orange taste balanced the parsley, but the pear was unidentifiable. The boys both asked for some "green drink" though.

No comments: