Wednesday, February 28, 2007

18/12

Woo-hoo! 18 minutes of running and 12 minutes of walking. I never did get out yesterday, but we all need some lazy days sometimes. They just can't be all in a row. My big failure yesterday was making a batch of cookies and eating 7 or 8 of them. I felt so sick afterwards. I couldn't really eat dinner. I just had that self-loathing that comes from doing something that you know will hurt. Why can't I just eat one cookie? I don't know. For me, it's got to be total abstinence, because after the first one, I can't not have another. I don't believe in deprivation as a way to diet, but I just can't seem to stick to moderation in all things. I'm just not moderate.

I don't want to be an overindulger. I think it's wasteful and unkind to myself. My poor body has had enough abuse. Why do I keep abusing myself?

No comments: